Thursday, October 11, 2007

Existence

We are at the cabin. Getting organized was hectic... Cleaning, straightening, filling boxes for the move. I keep reminding myself I have a screen play to finish, but in reality I am not in that mode, attracted to other projects with quick results and no commercial value. Doodles. What I long for, if the truth were known, is the freedom to spend the rest of my life doodling.

Absolutely beautiful here. The lake is still, placid, at rest. A hot humid day across the Northland has been invaded by cloud cover along with promises of rain. The restlessless of this place is a gift which I deeply appreciate.

The fact that we exist is so remarkable, yet we take it for granted, as we do beauty, breath and life. What does it mean, "to live"? I exist... this is no accident.
August 26, 1993

When we were raising our young family, one book that really made an impact on us was Let's Make a Memory. Vacations were especially valuable for making memories and Twin Points Resort, now gone, proved to be just such a resource for us with its quaint cabins directly on the shore of the world's largest inland body of water, Lake Superior.

Many great moments, hours of reflection, and a time to cherish the gift of life.

No comments:

Popular Posts