Monday, April 25, 2016

Local Art Seen: Art for Earth Day Open Studio at UMD

“Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.” 
 ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 

Saturday the Twin Ports celebrated Art for Earth Day. One of the annual venues is the UMD art department which opens its studios for the occasion. Here's a portion of what I saw... with more to come soon.


This last image here was a painting that I found especially interesting. The juxtaposition of Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends with Eugene Peterson's The Message and a book on Automotive Mechanics stopped me in my tracks for a few minutes. I wanted to know who did this and pondered what the underpinnings of this selection for a still life. Finally, I wondered what three books I would select for a painting of this sort.

And that's my question for you. What three books would you paint if you had the skills? 

Meantime... life goes on. Cool.

No comments:

Popular Posts