Friday, October 27, 2017

Two Day Sale of Works by Island Lake Artist Elizabeth Kuth

"Somehow in the West we think everything is a problem to be solved. I don’t think this way. You should be relaxed and enjoy oneself. Some painters have everything worked out in advance, all their colors, everything. That’s anathema to me. I start with canvas, and see what happens."
--Bill Morgan

I saw my first Elizabeth Kuth piece on the wall of a former director of the Duluth Art Institute. I made a mental note yo visit her studio some day. Eventually it came to pass, and I have been a fan ever since.

This weekend there will be a sale of Elizabeth Kuth paintings and drawings at her studio on Island Lake. It's my understanding that she is planning to move to be nearer her grandchildren, and thus is beginning to divest herself of some of the work she's created and accumulated.

I began with a Bill Morgan quote because Kuth is yet another local artist who was influenced by this UWS professor and painter. I love Bill's work, and have the same feeling for Kuth's paintings and drawing, produced in that same spirit of discovery and awe.

I took these photos of her work during a recent visit so they are not necessarily the ones on sale. That is, some of these images are  and a few are just shots I took because of a desire to share here, to whet the appetite and let you know that it will be worth the effort to make the trek.

E. Kuth PAINTINGS AND DRAWINGS
Prices range from $95 to $350 for paintings and $35 to $125 for drawings. The artist will be painting when you get there.
4204 NE Van Rd
Oct 28-29. 10-5






* * * *

DON'T FORGET: One Day Only, Noon till Ten Saturday



No comments:

Popular Posts